Thursday, September 18, 2008

No. Freakin'. Way.

OK, so I stole that title from the last series at my church but it applied twice in the last 14 hours so I thought a little plagiarism was in order:
  1. The same 2 mile run that I ran on Tuesday night in 18:54 on Tuesday night I ran in 17:47 last night. That is a 8:49 mile and the best mile average I have ever run. Not sure if the cool nights are helping or if I have experienced one of those mystical breakthroughs that all the running books and articles talk about.

  2. I just saw something from our R&D guys that has me so excited I can't sit still. I can't say anything at all about it other than that it is very cool and that I can't wait for the world to experience it. Stay tuned!
What "No Freakin' Way" moments have you experienced lately?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've been running 5ks (although it is on the treadmill) at just under 22 mins..

Shane Kenny said...

WOW! That's a great time. My goal is to get to a sub 25:00 5k. That means I have about 2:30 that I need to shave off my best 5k time so far. There is a 5k planned at my subdivision on Oct 25 if you're interested in participating.

Anonymous said...

my duathlon is the week before - so that weekend will prob work
there's a slight chance i'll be out of town - but not likely.. let me know

my goal with this duathlon (since i have to do back to back 5ks) is to do a sub 22 min 5k, take a break while my buddy does the 30k bike ride, then crank out another sub 22 min 5k

yesterday in the gym i did one 5k at the target time, then did 2.12 miles at that pace (pulled up a mile short - out of gas)

going to give it another shot on sat - then start training outdoors for hills now that the weather is cooperating