Friday, September 5, 2008

It's Official

The US10k organizers posted the official times this morning. I had predicted 62:05 on Tuesday based on the first mile official time and then the lap times from my watch. The official time: 62:04. I didn't quite get under the 60 minute mark that I was aiming for but now I have a time to beat next time I run a 10k. My time also placed me as finisher 1,644 out of 3,072 that had the official timing chip. My running buddies did real well too. Stacy finished in 62:51 and Steph finished in 66:51. I have my eye on a couple of 5k races coming up this fall. I may even get to run one in Ohio when I go to visit the family in October.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my official time: 52:38 *:29 pace - #691
i must have been right past the starting line when the gun went off.. it was 52:37 when i ran across the finish line.. and i was still buried in the pack