Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Five Miler

Last night I decided to try and run 5 miles. Since I am planning to run a 10k (6.2 miles) this coming Monday I figured I should see if I can reach at least 5 miles prior to the event. Most of the time I run 2 or 3 miles, occasionally I run a little over 4. Five was hard! I kept thinking that once I reached the next corner it would be downhill, I'd get the second wind, etc. Well, when I reached the last corner (at 4.7 miles) to head home it literally was downhill. It was weird though, it felt like I was running uphill still. The lungs were tired, the legs were tired, and it was sheer willpower that moved me on. Monday should be interesting as I will need to add 1.2 miles to what I did last night to complete the 10k. My realistic goal is under 60 minutes, my "Shane is awesome" goal is sub 55 minutes. Stay tuned and I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: